Recipe by: Eddy Van Damme via Vermont Maple Festival Facebook.
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour*
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Very Soft
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
- 2 Cups (About 4–5) Very Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- Optional: 1 Cup Pecan Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- For easy removal from the pan, brush a 9x5 inch loaf pan with melted butter. Cut parchment paper and line the sides of the pan with parchment paper. (Butter keeps parchment in place.) Set aside.
- In the bowl, cream butter until light and creamy, add maple syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt and mix until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time, waiting for the previously added egg to be fully incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Add mashed bananas and combine.
- Add flour mixture and blend until smooth.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan and place in oven on middle rack.
- Bake until the center of banana bread is no longer sticky or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Let us know if you try this recipe with our 100% Pure Vermont Maple Syrup!